HOME RUN DERBY
Home Run Derby is a 1 day event, featuring 3 divisions: Adult Male, Adult Female, and Masters (50+). Each person will have 4 minutes to hit as many home runs as possible, scoring 1 point per 200’ home run and 2 points per 300’ home run. All home runs must be within fair territory to count. Scores will be tallied at the end of each round and the top 50% of hitters from each division will move on to the next round. The same structure applies for subsequent rounds until there is a winner announced from each division. Aside from home runs, hitters may hit targets placed out in the field to win additional prizes. The winner of each division wins a prize and bragging rights for a year!
*Here are a few changes based on feedback from last year.
No “outs” counted. Everyone will hit as many balls as possible within 4 minutes.
All Lines (foul lines and home run lines) will be more clearly marked to avoid any confusion.
Additional umpires will be strategically placed to sight home runs and foul balls. Umpires will be using flags to signify home runs.
HOME RUN DERBY - SaturDAY
Date: August 17
Times: 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Location: Boyle Field, Mill Valley
*Optional derby tee available during registration: $5
HOME RUN derby RULES
· A player that fails to show for the first round will be dropped from the competition.
· Softballs will be provided for each batter.
· Players may use their own ASA certified bat or one that is provided by Marin Social Sports.
· Each batter will receive a max of 4 minutes per round
· Foul balls don’t count
· Pitches do not need to have a, “legal” arc.
· Once all batters have hit within a round, scores will be tallied, and players moving to the next round will be announced.
· Participants may provide their own pitcher or use someone else competing in the tournament
o Once your round begins you may not change pitchers
· Home runs will only be counted once the ball crosses over the fence.
Players receive 1 point for all balls hit from 200’-299’ and 2 points for all balls hit 300’ and beyond
· Male hitters will have a designated distance. Female hitters will have a designated distance.
· Foul balls or balls that bounce over the fence will not count.
· The top 50% of players will advance to the next round.
· Ties will lead to a sudden death (SD) round. Each batter in SD will receive an additional 1 minute to hit
· The top male and female will win their divisions.
Prizes / Miscellaneous
· All participants may attempt at hitting any of the “prize” targets set in the outfield.
o Once a target is hit, that prize will no longer be available to other players. Therefore, each eligible target can only be claimed once.
· Each participant must sign and return the Marin Social Sports participant waiver to a league coordinator prior to play.
· Spectators may sit in the stands or can shag balls in the outfield
o Anyone one shagging balls may not try and rob homeruns.
· This event is BYOB / BYOE (bring your own everything).